7 Of The Best Natural Remedies for Yeast Infections
Below is a list of some of the strongest natural remedies for yeast infections that are currently known. Continue reading if you have a yeast infection would like to treat it naturally without prescription drug use.
Yeast infections are on of the most common ailments that women and men may face at some point in her life. Vaginal yeast infections, also known as Vaginal Candidiasis are caused by an overgrowth of microscopic fungi called Candida Albicans. Common signs and symptoms of a Candida Overgrowth may include redness and irritation, itching, smelly discharge and pain. Yeast infections can also occur on other body parts such as beneath the nail beds, in the lower abdomen, underneath the breasts and around the penis in men.
1.) Plain Yogurt
Yogurt contains natural probiotic properties that make it an extremely excellent cure for yeast infections. It contains an essential strain of bacteria known as Lactobacillus acidophilus. Acidophilus helps to play a vital role in keeping the vaginal environment healthy and balanced. A balanced vaginal environment can halt an overgrowth when yogurt is added to a regular diet.
How to use Yogurt topically
- If you are suffering from a vaginal yeast infection, try dipping a tampon in to plain yogurt and inserting in to the vagina. Do this twice a day for 2-3 hours during the day and once over night. Repeat this process until the infection subsides.
- For yeast infections on the skin, apply yogurt on to cheese cloth or a cotton swab and cover it over night for best results. Continue this process for several days or until the infection has seized.
- Be sure to use plain sugar-free yogurt, as added sugars can exasperate a yeast infection even more.
Garlic cloves contain anti-fungal properties that can help treat Candida Albicans. Not only is it an effective in treating a yeast infection, but can also treat many other ailments.
You can also take a garlic supplement if you do not like the taste of raw garlic. I recommend the Kyolic brand for its affordability and its ability to help get rid of a nasty yeast infection I suffered with years ago.
Using Garlic to treat a Yeast Infection
- For vaginal yeast infections, insert one garlic clove in to the vagina once a day for no more than a week. Repeat this process until symptoms completely subside.
- For yeast infections of the skin, crush a few garlic cloves in a bowl and use it topically on the affected area 2-3 times per day until the infection has ended.
- Try consuming garlic tablets if you do not have fresh garlic cloves.
3.) Boric Acid
Boric acid is yet another very powerful remedy for treating vaginal yeast infections. It is an antiseptic known for treating recurrent yeast infections resistant to antibiotics. Boric acid in large amounts can be toxic. You should never consume them orally, as it can cause kidney damage and failure. Avoid using Boric Acid if you are pregnant or expecting. Be sure to consult with your doctor before using this method.
Boric Acid Suppositories for Vaginal Yeast Infections
- Make your own suppositories using Boric powder and empty pill capsules to insert in your vagina. You can also buy Boric Acid Suppositories on Amazon. (Warning: Be sure to wear gloves when handling Boric powder.)
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is nature’s Antibiotic when it comes treating yeast infections. ACV helps to balance the vaginal PH as well as prevent and treat recurring yeast infections when used regularly.
Apple Cider Vinegar Uses
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar with a tall glass of water and drink it twice daily. Repeat this process for a few days or until the infection subsides.
- Apply ACV on yeast infected skin using a cotton swab or cloth. Do this for 20 minutes twice a day to treat the infection.
- For vaginal yeast infections, dip a tampon in to ACV and insert in to the vagina twice a day for the best results. Continue doing this twice a day to get ride of the infection.
5.) Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal qualities. It’s high in natural saturated fat and can increase a person’s healthy cholesterol levels. It can be used to treat chronic recurrent yeast infections.
Coconut Oil Use for Treating Yeast Infections
- For yeast infections of the skin, apply coconut oil on infected area 2-3 times per day.
- To treat vaginal yeast infections, dip a tampon in to the coconut oil and insert in to vagina twice a day. Do this once in the morning and once before bed for best results.
6.) Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a natural immune system booster and can prevent various ailments. Boosting your immune system can better your chances of fighting off an existing yeast infection. Increasing your vitamin C intake can be effective in fighting off a yeast infection.
7.) Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a very powerful anti-fungal for naturally fighting a yeast infection. It is an essential oil you can buy online or over the counter.
Using Tea Tree Oil
- For vaginal yeast infections, dilute tea tree oil with coconut oil. Dip a tampon in to the mixture and insert in to the vagina as a suppository twice a day for several days.
- Apply tea tree oil diluted with coconut oil on infected area of the skin up to 3 times a day.
Consult your doctor if the yeast infection persists. Natural remedies may work differently depending on the severity of the person’s ailment. Discontinue the use of any of these natural treatments if symptoms persist or worsen.